Tuesday, December 15, 2020

What We Need Now: Gifts, Chocolate, Music, and Love

 Happy Monday friends,
This year has been a dumpster fire I know. I actually did a dumpster fire drawing for my friends' comic in their Christmas cards this year. Well I've decided to share some things we need this year.

What the World Needs Now: Friend Gifts
My friends have been generous with geeky gifts this year. While not necessary it is nice they think of me to do this. The Captain even decided to send gifts year and we haven't exchanged gifts in a few years. So I decided to do a friend gift haul.
 

Captain's Gifts:
Since the Captain has Cystic Fibrosis and is on the list of people who really can't afford to get Covid she's been stuck at home during this time, except on the rare occasion and she has to take extreme measures to keep herself safe. So she got my Amazon wish list from Fangirl and got this Doctor Who Three Item Set:

 The mug is such beautiful colors, very galaxy ombre. Definitely have to have me some hot chocolate or tea in it. I was so excited to get another sonic screwdriver for my collection. It's the 12th Docotor's second sonic screwdriver , which I didn't have yet, actually I don't have a lot of them yet. This one just isn't a toy it's a flashlight, which made me very excited for some reason... It's currently hanging out with the other sonics in my fez.  The last of the trio is a pleather journal that looks like the TARDIS on the outside. The front cover has beautiful blue foil Gallifreyian writing. Can I just say inside of this journal smells awesome, yes I'm a book sniffer and proud of it. I told the Captain I was still huffing it on Facebook and Fangirl's like "That's the nerdiest thing I've heard her say."

Fangirl's Gifts:
Fangirl's gifts all centered around D & D and Funko Pops® this year:

 The first one is my favorite characters I had in my party from Baulder's Gate II Minsc and Boo. Boo so cute up there on top of his head! My other two are from the Critical Role line. One is Grog Strongjaw and Percy De Rolo III, no I'm not gonna try to type out his full name. Fangirl hinted there maybe more Critical Role ones coming. So I may have to get or build a shelf for them.

My Gifts to Fangirl:
While I can't tell you what I got Captain, cause I haven't got them to her yet, I can tell you  Fangirls, I got her a Shoto Todoroki from My Hero Academia magnet at Hot Topic, from Goodwill I found her a knitting loom set with a couple yarn skiens in it. I'm gonna get her to make me a slouchy hat from one of them. One girft came from a I guess you call them gumball machine, yes I still get stuff from those. I frequently rock jewelry from them. It was a red "crystal" that was more Fangirl's aesthetic. Lastly I got her this cute Castiel sticker. She has a few hamsters and a guinea pig that have crossed the rainbow bridge so I thought it'd be perfect for her.


Food the Word Needs Now: HOLO CHOCOLATE!
Cristine of Simply Nailogcal is the Holo Queen, we all know this, but she's upped the holo level with Holographic Chocolate. Her boyfriend Beyyyn and her used this holo film from some holo sunglasses she made as a mold so the chocolate would be able to refract light like the film does. The final result is the most beautiful chocolate I've ever seen. What more could you want it's got chocolate, rainbows, and science as a device for fun!

Musical Moment: Songs the World Needs Now
Every so often I've come across some songs that I think the world needs to hear. So I decided to put together a list of songs we all need right now:
 

You Need to Calm Down by Taylor Swift- Oh my Jack people need this song right now. Not just the problems mentioned in the song, with all the drama going on now people just need to calm down. Even on a local level the government's got problems going on. It's crazy.

The World Need A Drink by Terri Clark- I have this on her Definitive Collection album. This song was written by Eric Church and originally released in 2004 for an unreleased Honkytonk Songs album, and what's sad is 16 years later a lot of the the things mentioned in this song is still relevant. Yes once this pandemic dies down I think we all need drinks, be they alcohol or non alcoholic, for peeps like me. We all get together and hash out the problems.

Bring It All Back by S Club 7- I feel like we just need some feel good music right now. So I dip back to the music of my teen years for this. This song just always puts me in a good mood. It has great advice bout never giving up, going for your dreams, and when life gets a little rough bring it back to you.

Bells, Bows, Gifts, Trees by Toderick Hall- Even though I'm really not feeling the holiday this year, you got to have a little holiday, and Toderick Hall released the perfect holiday song for 2020's Holiday season. It's another parody to his Nail,Hair, Hips, Heels song from his Haus Party, Part 1. It has what we're all wishing for this year, and our new Scrooge! I think it will be a good reminder in what I hope is years to come what we endured in 2020. Let's all prance a little this season. This has to be my favorite new holiday song this year.


Let There Be Light by Point of Grace- For me the most hopeful Christian music that I think expresses how a Christian is suppose to feel is been Christian Pop. I was raised in a Gospel and Bluegrass household, and while there is some songs I love from those genres I just felt they were sad sounding and not hopeful. Point of Grace has made some of the most hopeful songs that inspire me. I've not been feeling Christmas or my faith this year, and this song played on my Spotify Christmas playlist and I felt hope, a reminder what this season is suppose to mean to me. It's to remember a being of hope and love came to give us those gifts.

We Need Love
I'm going to admit this year I've gotten away from my faith. I know with everything going on you figure it draw me closer, but that's not been the case with me. My early anxiety triggers were religion related, and even when we were attending church I still wasn't feeling connected and I guess with all my bad anxiety this year I haven't really felt blessed. I also don't feel like the best of Christians cause some of the things in the Bible makes my stomach turn or gets my anxiety going, and I don't feel at home with my fellow Christians, I love them and are good friends, but I don't feel myself around them. I'm also best friends with Pagans and people in the LGBTQ+ community. I believe love is love.

I'm also not happy with the way some Christians do others. The thing I agree with the most in the Bible is our Lord and Savior showing us and telling us to love, no matter who they are or what they've done just love. And I'm seeing so called Christian companies discriminating in who they help. That's not right, Jesus helped and loved everyone. He ate with sinners, defended those who transgressed against the Law, and healed those who came to him. I think my fellow Christians need to open their hearts to love again, we all need to open our hearts to love, especially now.

I hope your week is good, remember to love, and God bless you.

*Thrifty Geek* and Vampire >vv< Kitty

No comments:

Post a Comment