Monday, January 28, 2019

Musical Moment: Dreamer's Night Playlist

Happy Monday my friends,

As I said in my last post the elements that make up the mind space I call Dreamer's Night is held together by music. The songs on this list are either part of the aforementioned memories, I listened to during that time of my life, or they had nothing to do with either but the sound still carries me there.

Don't Stop Believin'
by Journey- That keyboard opening and the wail of the electric guitar a classic song hands down. I remember when my parents had the old Atari system out playing the Journey Escape game I think a certain points in the game you hear this song.

Cowboy Take Me Away by Dixie Chicks- This song easily takes me back. It's the one I did the dance from in Lowe's in a previously mentioned memory. (Click link above to see. ) Th Fly away on it's fiddle to Dreamer's Night.

Doctor Jones [Metro's 7" Edit] by Aqua- This is the version that appears on the Sabrina the Teenage Witch Soundtrack. I remember riding to and from the a Friday night football game with the Captain and that CD was spun. This version is longer with I think and even more techno sound.

Imagination- Jessica Simpson- This is off the artist's second album Irresistible. If I did the video for this song there would be anime involved.  Something about this songs screams it needs to be in Japan either real or anime, or both. I think that's why it brings on the Dreamer's Night feeling cause I get images of a anime night scene like in Sailor Moon (the original).

Style by Taylor Swift- From her 1989 album about a love that never goes out of style. I actually have a couple off this album that are on this list. Something about the music that takes me back.

With You by Lila McCann- Of her album Something in the Air. I was jamming to this CD in one of the memories. This is my favorite song on it. Also the video involves teens sneaking into an observatory after closing. I think my favorite scene was the singer and her boyfriend looking up at the stars.

Two in a Million by S Club 7- This song is found on their second album 7, lot of second album songs on this list. This is also another song out of my memories. I remember this is one of the songs I sung for my vocal teacher.

Girl on TV by LFO- From their debut album LFO. I get an image of this guy and the girl looking down on the lights of L.A. while sitting on the hood of his car.

I Could Not Ask for More by Sara Evans- This song displaying the simple moments with a loved one being enough. Again it has a sound that drops me into Dreamer's Night.

I Will Be Your Friend by Amy Grant- Coming from her Behind the Eyes album, this song assures a friend will always be there for the person no matter what.

Can't Find the Moonlight by Leann Rimes- This song is theme for the movie Coyote Ugly, that movie invokes Dreamer's Night for me moe than anything, which is why it made the pinterest wall.  My favorite scene has to be Violet writing a song on her keyboard and getting inspired by a guys hip hop music in a nearby building. I also love the performance she did for it at one of the country award shows.

Small Town Girl by Kellie Pickler- From the album of the same name, this song invokes small town memories, especially the going to Walmart. I reminds me of when we still had the regular Walmart  on a hilled plaza and it's be night and you'd see all the lights below.

Show Me Love [Radio Edit] by Robin S.- Another from the Sabrina the Teenage Witch soundtrack. This was my most favorite to hear back in the day.

Rock This Country! by Shania Twain- Off what in my opinion is the greatest of all her albums Come on Over. I remember one time when hanging out with Crystal jamming to this song.

Welcome to New York by Taylor Swift- Another 1989 offering, a love song to the NYC.

Lucky by Britney Spears- From surprise another second album Opps!... I did it Again. This songs on here cause if anything the video invokes this Dreamer's Night feeling for me.

Well that's another musical moment. Hope you guys found something to jam to. May your week be good, follow your dreams, and God bless you!

Ninja <[0000]---------------[0000]> Writer

No comments:

Post a Comment