Sunday, February 3, 2019

Crazy Idea Time: What to do with a Tiny House

Happy week's end my friends,

Another weekend is upon us. I thought for this post that we'd discuss crazy ideas I have about what do do with a Tiny House. One might say live in one, while I do appreciate a home one can move where every they choose to live, I couldn't do it, unless it's a certain blue box. I first heard about tiny homes through Keri Smith's blog, I think there was a link to Tumbleweed Houses, the first company I heard of that made such. So let's see what I'd use it for:

A Dreamer's Hideaway
 
Keri Smith made the suggestion of using one as a writing space at one point, she love to live in one too. Well the former is what Is one of the things what I'd use one for. A place to focus and create. Like SJ Tucker, who has named her recording cabin The Pixie House, I would call my creative sanctum, Dreamer's Hideaway, cause well I'm a dreamer and it'd be my hideaway.
Ok we have a name, where would I put it? Well in the woods, maybe with a view of the mountains as well. What would be the design of it. Backwoods geek meets Junk G?

I have pulled together a Pinterest board with ideas. There's various cute little homes I wouldn't mind creating in. There's old typewriters.  Why? Cause I love vintage type writers, especially a teal Corsair*. I would put up inspiring things, inspiring words, whatever to get the creative juices flowing. Yes just my fantasy wonderland.  Little spaces made for the fairies, or my little creative juices to hang out. The outside like a Alice in Wonderland secret garden.

A place for solitude, but not completely quiet. I'd probably have some music going, you know like Dot Warner in that one ep of Animaniacs. I have to have music or something to listen to when I work.
And oh course despite being a place to seek alone time my friends would be encouraged to visit.

A Toy Museum

The other thing I'd use a small home for is a traveling toy museum. I'd make it up to look like a doll house, within I'd have toys displayed, many if not all from my own collection... well after I spruce the poor dears back up. It'd focus on toys from the late 80's and early 90's cause that's the era I grew up in. Maybe I'd sell items themed toward the era and it's toys, maybe sell some of Fangirl's soap she makes.

Bonus Crazy Idea: Geeky Travels

This departs from the tiny homes, but as I was working on this post I was listen/watching Kara of Boho Berry's Vlog. She's planning on walking the Appalachian Trail, and as I saw her digital planner layouts for this trip it hit me, I've seen a lot of things like guides and stories about the hike, but has anyone done a geek themed one. It'd be interesting to see a guise book geared toward the geeks like comic shops nearby or book stores. Actually is there any geeky travel guides in general out there?

So we come to the close of another post. I just have to ask what would you do with a small home? Have you had any crazy ideas? Let me know in the comments. I hope you have a good weekend friends, keep having ideas, and God bless you!

Ninja <[0000]---------------[0000]> Writer  and Vampire >vv< Kitty

 *PS- I was at a thrift store one time and came across one for $10, it's a not purchase I kick myself for, it's my dream typewriter.











No comments:

Post a Comment