Monday, February 11, 2019

Running Away on a Sunny Day Playlist

Happy Monday my friends,

It's time for another Musical Moment Monday. This week on the heals of my Running Away on a Sunny post I give you my Running Away on a Sunny Day playlist. These are songs that either talk about getting away, or I love jamming while riding under sunny skies:

Disappear by Jennifer Day- From the Album The Fun of You Love I guess you'd call her Pop Country, this song leans more to country. Has hints of that late 90's/early 2000s country sound. It talks about disappearing for a bit with your love when the world has you too busy for each other.]

Texas Plates by Kellie Coffey- This was suppose to go on her second album, which was never released, but it is available to listen on her Spotify page. It's about 3 chicks chasing down a hot Texan in his car that they meet at a red light. So basically like the SPN Family with Jenson and Jared. A couple nice cars get a mention here too.

Something So Good by Point of Grace- From probably my favorite Point of Grace album Free to Fly. I gotta have a good upbeat Christian song in there
.
Passenger Seat by SHeDAISY- Scooting on in from the Sweet Right Here album. The describe what life's like being in the passenger seat.

Perfect Day by Hoku by This song is from the Legally Blonde Sountrack. A perfect song from a sunny day.

Bouncing Off the Ceiling (Upside Down) by A*Teens- I remember jamming to the music video to this, which included a little VW Beetle Bug. This comes of  the Teen Spirit Album.

Feels So Good by Atomic Kitten by From the debut self titled album. This song is perfect for a Sunny day jam. This harkens back to some of the 70's sound, definantly some disco flavor.

Rollercoaster
by B*Witched- This not only my most favorite song from theire self titled first album, this has to be my favorite song of all time with this band. I even loved both versions of the video.

Love Me Like You Mean It by Bryan White- The How Lucky I Am album, that this song hails from, has to be my favorite album by this artist. I see a convertable and roller skaters being invovled if I were to make a video for this.

Get Outta My Dreams, Get Into My Car by Billy Ocean- Among the many hits on his Greatest Hits this one is my favorite.

Single White Female by Chely Wright- From the album of the same name this song is my favorite song by this artist. It's just a fun song about using the personals to tell a guy she's interested in him.

Catch Your Wave by The Click Five- This is just a fun song to jam to. Makes me think of the beach and surfing. My favorite from Greeting from Imrie House.

I Love You by Martina McBride- This upbeat country pop jam from The Runaway Bride sountrack is just perfect for a Running Away on a Summer Day playlist!

My Alien by Simple Plan- Off of the No Pads, No Helmets... Just Balls album, this is my favorite song by this band. The Capatian said it sounded like a song we'd write. I remember jamming to this With the Captain, Econut, and me driving around Asheville.

In My Car (I'll Be The Driver) by Shania Twain- Depending on the flavor you want is whether you jam out to the Green or Red version of this song from the Up album. Which do I prefer? Both.

Reckless by Alabama- From the Cheap Seats album. The invitation at the begining is so tempting, and the imagery at the beginng is so beautiful. Again Texas and a hot car is mentioned.

Everyday Is a Winding Road by Sheryl Crow- Off The Very Best if Sheryl Crow, gives the list some rock flair with a hint of I wanna saw Carribeean ewith that opening drum.

Heads Carolina, Tails California by Jo Dee Messina- Her first single from her debut self titled album. This made me her fan instantly. Talks about getting out of their town and finding a new place to go. I remember when she was on this show called Prime Time Country on TNN she had a couple flip a coin to decided where they'd live.

Let's Go to Vegas by Faith Hill- On her It Matters to Me album, she decides her and heer love should go to vegas.

Our Lips are Sealed by Haylie and Hilary Duff- I already mentioned this for A Cinderella Story's Soundtrack. With the cars in the original and Duff version, perfect to jam out to on the ride.

Playing with the Boys by Kenny Loggins- Rock your ride with my favorite from the Top Gun soundtrack ( if you have the expanded version play the Dance Mix for an extended play)

Proud Mary by Tina Turner- The version I have is from the VH1 Divas Live 1999 soundtrack, get some Cher and Elton John in there.

Sittin' on Go by Bryan White- This fun little song is from his Between Now and Forever my favorite album from what I like to call his early era.

This Town by Bryan White- Yes another one by white, can't help it a big fan. In this song from his debut self titled album the singer asks his love to escape their narrow minded small town.

When My Dreams Come True by Rebecca Lynn Howard- Another song of a debut self titled album. This is another example of Pop Contry. I love the heck out of this song. A very favorite jam.

Why Not by Hilary Duff- From The Lizzie McGuire Movie soundtrack all about taking chances.

Get Out of This Town by Carrie Underwood- Found on her Carnival Ride is about leaving secretly under the cover of darkness. 

Something Like That by Tim McGraw- A hit from his Greatest Hits, this is another song with great imagery.

How Far Do you Wanna Go by Gloriana- You know the tale a song from the debut self titled album. About someone willing to go the distance for the love.

Bluer Skies by Kellie Coffey- Another one from this artist off her released When You Lie Next to Me. It's all about leaving and living those youthful dreams under "bluer skies".

Whew, that's a list. But that's cool, it'll gives you a playlist to last the trip. What song whould you add to the list? Let me know in the comments. Have a good week my friends, and may God bless you always!

Ninja <[0000]---------------[0000]> Writer

No comments:

Post a Comment