Friday, October 25, 2019

Pumpkinfest 2019

Happy Friday Friends,

 Today we are gonna revisit last Saturday's trip to the Pumpkinfest in Franklin.

First our players:


Fangirl was a dark Rose Quartz from an alternate dimension of Steven Universe.


I was the 11th Doctor from Doctor Who. I even did my nails for the occasion:


I used L.A. Colors® Color Craze® 424 and tipped it in Broadway Nails Pretty Duckling.
The day was over cast and according to a bank 44 degrees F. So very crisp. I was grateful for a costume with layers.

We wandered the festival looking at the booths. A robot praised my costume. Most people thought I was Stan Pines from Gravity Falls.

I visited Books Unlimited one of my favorite book stores. They have a white cat that roams around the shop that I learned had two different colored eyes. I saw a lovely copy of Pride and Prejudice, but I still have my heart set on the Juniper Books version I first saw at Michael's.

I also visited my other favorite store the Art Room which was packed with people at their art bar making cards. I bought a couple charms for my charm bracelet.




We passed the Tartan Museum and they were done up for the season. While we were sitting I saw this cute sign from the Silver Thread yarn shop:





We also saw geeky famous cars from comic books...



... and movies.

I was most excited to see R2D2 I wanted to take a picture with him for an ultimate geeky mash up.

The Doctor meets R2D2
We took a seat for a bit. One of the guys that mistaken me for Stan sat with us and talked geeky stuff. I got to try a deep fried Oreo which was delicious. Heard the new mummy roll contest going on in the background. It's where people roll people up in toilet paper to make a mummy.

It sprinkled on us a bit, but after a restroom stop the rain started coming down harder, and with the temps being so cool we called it early. We stopped at a local Chinese place and had lunch.

So that was our Saturday. Have you guys had any fun fall or Halloween events you've been to? Let me know in the comments.

Hope you guys have a good weekend, have a spooky time, and God bless you!

Ninja <[0000]---------------[0000]> Writer

No comments:

Post a Comment