Friday, December 27, 2019

Artsy Fartsy Time: Gift for Jesus 2019

Happy Friday my friends,

It's the final Friday post of 2019 and the decade. Sorry for the radio silence. This holiday days ran together, there really wasn't anything to write about, and the Mental Health Hydra reared it's heads. But I am back with a couple posts to close out the new year.
Today we are gonna talk about my yearly Christmas tradition of making a gift for Jesus. I had thought of writing another poem, but inspiration was lacking. Well while diving in my craft drawer I found some CD art I never finished and was inspired to make an art piece:


I took a CD and traced around it on a piece of black construction paper. After cutting out the circle I hole punched various holes in it then glued it on the CD's rainbow side. Then I cut a circle of yellow paper and pasted it in the middle. I was gonna use the baby party favors I've been using for a while now for Christmas themed gifts, but I couldn't find them. so I had to make my own. I wadded up a couple balls of paper for the body and the head, and glued strips of paper around it till I got a babyish shape and let it dry. Then I painted it with brown with a water color set I have, the with a blue marker colored a "blanket" on. Then drew an ink face on him. After it dried I glued the baby in the center. With a blue marker I wrote Merry Christmas. That's how you make this years gift.

I had a good Christmas, visited, and was visited by, family. We had good food and had some good gifts. If you celebrate I hope yours was good.
Are you guys having a good holiday? What have you guys been up to? Let me know in the comments.
I hope you have a good week, make art, and God bless you!
Ninja <[0000]---------------[0000]> Writer

No comments:

Post a Comment