Friday, April 28, 2017

Artsy Fartsy Time: A Patrick?

In this Artsy Fartsy Post I'll talking about the gifts I made this St. Patrick's Day for my family. This year I made I guess whatever would be the equivalent to a Valentine on Valentine's Day, so a Patrick?







First I took a glittered foam shamrock from a pack I got at Dollar Tree, and you better hope you love glitter cause I still am getting it on me, but I did it here at the computer and I have some of the shamrocks still hanging around, so yeah green glitter party!




Next take a separate shamrock and cut a section off. In this case I used one of the lighter colored shamrock's from the pack. Now using some green thread I stitch the piece to the corresponding leaf on the complete shamrock, but don't sew the side where you cut it, you'll want it to form a pocket. And only stitch where there's two layers of shamrock, I found the single layer ripped to easily.




Here you see the pocket.





I also purchased a pack of these gold coins at Dollar Tree.




I just slid it snug into the pocket for a bit of luck.

Then using various green markers all which bled to different degrees on the foam I wrote a blessing I found on Sassy Cats . It was simple as that.

 I hope this inspires you in your gift making/ I hope and pray you all have a good day and may God bless you.

No comments:

Post a Comment