Monday, April 24, 2017

Misadventures in Cooking: St Patrick's Day 2017

Ok so last month there was a day called St. Patrick's day and I don't know what happened, but It's like I just brain farted and zombied out about getting any posting on the blog done, plus I had to move blog hosts. So let's time travel back to last month for a couple posts.

I of course did some gift making and a dinner. I'll do an Artsy Fartsy Time post with my gift. But today's post is about the food. This year Mom and I tag teamed, only cause I took forever last year and having a Dad who's not only diabetic and has to go to bed when he has to go to bed things gotta be done quicker. Actually due to sleep schedules we did the meal and gifts the day after St. Patrick's Day, but that's fine I mean celebrating the Irish and your possible Irishness shouldn't be limited to one day.

So for the meat I didn't go all out I just decided canned ham. Yeah probably not the most Irish, but the only meat dish I could find online that wasn't corned beef was something similar to meatloaf, I thought that's what we had for Easter, next month, and I didn't wanna ruin Easter meal.




For the side dish I went with Diane's Colcannon again. My Mom actually did this dish, I cooked the bacon, yes this year it was more of a Colcannon, just no cabbage that was a purposeful omitting cause yeah not to keen on cabbage in the potatoes.

For the bread I did Brennan's Irish Soda Bread again. This year I took the suggestion from the recipe comments and did a less cooking time:




Bake my creation!!!!!




So pulled this large loaf out and it wasn't over cooked, but had a doughy section, even after I did the doneness test with my Mother watching to make sure I did it right! >< Yes I have so mediocre cooking skills that at 32 I still need adult supervision. -.- We're gonna make some more adjustments to this bread recipe. I mean the parts that turn out taste great. I just can't get it all to turn out.

Finished off with a homemade Mom cake, she makes one for pretty much every holiday and birthday.




So that's another Misadventures in Cooking. Next is an Artzy Fartsy Time segment feature this year's little St. Patrick crafted gift. God Bless You all!

No comments:

Post a Comment