Monday, February 19, 2018

Musical Moment : Taylor Swift's Speak Now

 Hello my Friends,

It's Monday again so we're gonna jump back into the tunes with another trip down Taylor Swift memory lane. I should say given that Taylor and some artist love putting out deluxe or special editions of their albums, that none of the ones I talk about on here are, just a heads up.

Artist: Taylor Swift
Album: Speak Now
Released: 2010

Cover:  We have Taylor in a purple gown looking like she's in the midst of a twirl. Some of the dress looks like it has been painted. To add to the painted effect there's purple and white paint splatters. The album title is white, her name is in a shiny gold, both I'm pretty sure are in her hand, and the letters are raised (I know there's a proper term for that, but I can't recall it to save my life).

Booklet: There appears to be a theme with this booklet: paintings. They give a feel of golden framed paintings in a gallery. There is a prologue in this booklet talking about the title and album, similar to what she did in Fearless. There's looks like strokes of paint above it with the word "Prologue" written in white the rest of the words and Taylor's signature, is in black. The song titles are in in different fonts and colors appropriate to each song, some of the pictures also have lines of song, with them, and the lyrics, in various colors, has her hidden code. There's a simple one lined thank yous in white at the end. The back cover of the booklet has Taylor in a white shirt, but the bed she's sitting on and the background appear to be painted. There's of course the golden frame. The websites and Big Machine Records™  logo in white. Like the last post I'll mention individual pics with their corresponding song in the music section.

Back Cover:  Inside is a painting/photo of  the fisted hands of Taylor and her band members forming a circle each wrist has a letter that makes up the title Speak Now.  I'm pretty sure it's her band cause they've been used for the other photos and one guy had thr same "O" on his wrist in another photo. Taylor I'm almost certain is the "W" cause it also has her lucky number 13 written on the wrist. Taylor in in a yellow dress black heels. It all puts be in the mind of that famous Marilyn Monroe grate scene. The dress is painted like the cover song in for is in purple possibly in Taylor's handwriting. Producers are written in white, while the rest of the words and record company's emblem is in black.

The Disk: The picture a black/white/grey tone version of the inside back cover picture. All the writing and trademark emblems in gray. Taylor's signature in black.

The Music:

Mine- All music on this album is written solely by Swift figure I'll get that out of the way. We have a woman who is iffy on love because her Dad left, yet finds a love whose not gonna leave. I first heard this song when I think it was CMT did the premiere of the video which included the making of. I actually probably grinned every time I saw the "they first meet" scene cause of what went on during the filming. The booklet pic for the song is  a painting/photo of Taylor in a beige top and a light blue gold trimmed skirt sitting on a rock looking out on the water.

Sparks Fly- A song about when a love has those sparks flying. Did she have a video for this song? I keep wanting to say it was a tour video, or maybe I'm confusing it with Fearless.

Back to December- The tones of a woman regretting a relationship she ended. I seem to remember her CMA performance of this song where she had an orchestra and was playing the piano and at some point snow, rose petals, or something fell from the ceiling. I sadly can't recall much of the video. The pic for this is a straight haired Taylor in a white top or dress.
Speak Now- A song that lets us image if someone actually spoke up when the preacher asks if there's any objections? This song has one of the most funniest pictures in the booklet. Her band mates are in it some playing wedding guests, one is the preacher, one's the freaked out groom, and I don't know if the bride is one of her band mates, but she is hilariously in bridezilla mode. Then there's Taylor in a pink dress with blue belt standing in the aisle reaching out to the groom, I'm assuming she's just spoken up after the preacher asked if their was any objections.

Dear John- A woman who realizes the kind of man she was really dating. I guess this is a Dear John letter if you will.

Mean- We have Taylor giving her mind to those who've ever been mean to her. The photo to this has Taylor as that damsel in distress tied up on the railroad tracks and I think it's one of her band mates as a the villain in a handle bar mustache.They actually do a scene like this for the video, don't know if it's the same guy though. I loved this song's video, which I also saw the CMT making to. It had various people being picked on for everything for the kind of jobs they were working, what they were into, or what they wore, but eventually each person finds a way to overcome the ridicule and being victorious in life, or are set on the path. Taylor and her band are putting on a show where they start of as country bumpkins in a tumble weed land home then ending up in the big city with new spiffy duds. Taylor has this silver dress of fringe on which I love the effect that happens when she spins in it.

The Story of Us- Tis the tale of how the story of a relationship is ending on a sad note. The photo for this song has Taylor in white, with a silver heart locket, her band is either in dark clothing, or in shadow, happily carrying on conversations leaving her alone.

Never Grow Up- We have a parent wishing their child wouldn't grow up and then a girl wishing she wouldn't grow up then as an adult wishing she hadn't grown up.

Enchanted- It's the song that inspired two of Taylor's frangrences: Wonderstruck and Wonderstruck Enchanted, actually if your wondering why the song seems familiar it's cause it was used in the commercial for the perfume.  Beautiful song, like some fairy tale to music I guess you can say, except we don't know if there's a happy ending yet. The photo to this song is Taylor in a beige gown a against what looks like the painting of some plantation.

Better Than Revenge- A revenge song against a girl who stole a dude from her apparently. I can't help but just jam out to this song even if it's a person bashing song. Is it sad I actually have my own moves to this song?

Innocent- She writes of someone who longs for the fresh start, simple days of youth and tells them that no matter what has happened, to her "they're still an innocent".

Haunted- An apparently fragile love has turned cold though the singer wished it hadn't. The music for this I feel really fits the song title, kinda haunting. The image we have to this song is Swift in a grey gown going through a lantern lit forest. I get a lady in grey ghost story feel from this image.

Last Kiss- She sings of a person reminiscing over the memories of a past love. I assume it's a recent split the singer is still trying to get over.

Long Live- A song about taking in the moment when you came out on top against all odds. I like to think this song is companion song to the Fearless album's Change this being the second part to it. This photo to this song features Taylor and her band looking back at the camera with a huge auditorium before them, like saying "see we've conquered".

So I guess I've spoken all I can about Speak Now. Do you have a favorite off the album or a special memory pertaining to it? I hope you have a good week my friends and keep the music going. May God Bless You!
Ninja <[0000]---------------[0000]> Writer

No comments:

Post a Comment