Monday, November 9, 2020

Musical Moment: Days of the Week Playlist

 Hello Music Loving Friends,

It's time for another Musical Moment! In this segment we're gonna focus on songs that mention days of the week. I was listening to my music and noticed songs I had that mentioned days of the week and thought about making a playlist for the days of the week. So let's get this week started:

Only on Days That End in "Y" by Clay Walker- The first song on the list involves all of them. It's about a person who can't seem to forget an ex.

Sunday Girl by Florrie Arnold- I'm a Sunday Girl! Yup! This is a rewritten version of the Blondie song by the same name, which is the version I have up on the playlist, but I love this version made for the Nina Ricci Nina L'Elixir Perfume advert. I came across this version for the first time on a post on the now non-existent blog Bohemian Pages, which I believe included a link to this beautiful video. I consider this to be a more happy fantasy version of the song. Sadly it's not on Spotify, in fact, the only place I have located this version of the song is on Apple Music.

Sunday in the South by Shenandoah- This song has beautiful images of a "Southern Sunday", well it does mention a ragged rebel flag flying, not crazy about that, but this is a Country song from the 90's so yeah, that was a thing.

Sunday Girl by Brandon and Leah- Another beautiful song about another Sunday girl, and in their head it's always Sunday. This has the same sound vibe as the previous Sunday girl songs I've mentioned.

I Don't Have to Be Me Till Monday by Steve Azar- A upbeat country tune about not dealing with reality for a long weekend. I love the video to this song. My interpretation is everyone getting to live their dream lives for a little bit.

Thursday by Jess Glynne- A beautiful song about loving who you are.

Friday Night by Eric Paslay- A song of the kind of person the singer wants to be to a person and they'd rather be a Friday Night than a Monday morning. I'd agree with this.

Friday Night by The Click Five- I love this upbeat song, about the singer trying to get their love to sneak out with them.

Saturday in the Park by Chicago- The story of a you guessed it "Saturday in the Park". Nice trumpet in this song.

Saturday Night by Jo Dee Messina
- This is probably my favorite song in the whole list. It's about a woman's hope to find love on a Saturday night. I just love to jam out to this one.

Saturday Night Divas by Spice Girls- The group's harmonies are on display in this song about kissing a wrong doing man goodbye.

Yeah not everyday has a song in this list. Sorry not everyday has a song I like thus far. What are your favorite song with days? Let me know.
I hope you all have a good week, keep the music playing, and God bless.

*Thrifty Geek*

No comments:

Post a Comment