Wednesday, May 25, 2022

WNC Comic Con 2022

 Hello Friends,


 

This past Saturday Fangirl and I went to WNC Comic Con in Fletcher, NC. This is our first year at this particular con. The Asheville Anime Regional Convention has yet to start up again, and I didn't want to go a third year without a con, so I suggested this one. There was a bit of a line to get in, but it was worth the wait cause this cute little R2 unit was roaming the floors making happy little chirping sounds:

 


There was also a Punisher themed van there:
 




Vendors
 
There were lots of great vendors with so many things I wanted to buy! One such stop was the Pop Up Wand Shop that had these gorgeous homemade wands, some had roses on the handle end. They were beautiful. Sadly I did not get a card or website information to be able to find them should I ever have extra cash to buy one of those rose wands. If I often find myself unable to purchase from vendors I take a card should I ever be able to purchase from them later on.
 



 Roxy Taylor from Auntie M's Novelties has beautiful homemade , sealed, shimmery bottles that are fandom themed. I was looking at this Ghostbuster one she had with Slimer green liquid inside. I wanted it so bad, oh if money were no object. 

I fear what would happen if we put these guys in a room together.
 
The Wishing Well had Legend of Zelda Ocarinas for sale. I've been wanting one since I saw them advertised in a Nintendo Power magazine. 

One of my favorite jewelry shops was Elder Nerd Designs she does chain mail jewelry and some look like dragon scales. She had some with the Supernatural anti-possession symbol. I also loved her Mermaid Lantern items.

Morgan's Comics Table. Sorry it's slightly blurry.

My peeps from Morgan's Comic were representing that day. They had a video game demo set up too on one end.


Artists and Authors

As with many conventions there were some great artists and authors. Dan Jaworsky had a style I liked with his imaginings of nerdy things, I also noticed the artist Adam Casey from Winston-Salem among the artists. I found Rick Lonon's I wanna say stempling art amazing, though I got the term wrong when I did complement him. Sorry! 

I talked writing and bookmarks with New York Times Best Selling Author F.T. Lukens. Her works seem interesting, I may have to look into them. She's also from right here in North Carolina.


Costumes

What's a con without costumes. Captain America and the Scarlet Witch lent their talents to the judging table:

The esteemed judges, again sorry for the blur.

 

I once more became the 11th Doctor.  I ened up kicking back with my fellow aliens:


I also kicked back with myself, hope we don't cause a paradox.




Lovely Geeky Items That Are Mine Now

So you've heard me lament about what I couldn't afford to get, bet your wondering what did you get? Well I had like twelve dollars so I had to spend wise and everything I bought fit in this tiny bag:
 

But good things come in small packages:


Save for gift items and a donation I made to the Klingon Assault Group this is my haul. Back left to right: a Castiel sticker, a Cyan Among Us sticker because that's the color I usually play in the game, a Link sticker, a Supernatural pin because I'm making up for lack of SPN stuff in my life.  I also always buy a pin from every con I've been to.  Front row is a glow in the dark cat and some dice I purchased from The Deck Box. I know what your thinking a lot of little stuff, what can I say it's the little things that make you happy. 


After Party

Not really that much of a party we just went to Cracker Barrel for a later lunch. I spent way too much time enjoying the moving lit glitter globes.  I partook of my usual meal grilled chicken tenders and two sides of mac and cheese, I'm picky with some restaurant sides. I only like them prepared a certain way, and most places make them the way I don't, Mac and Cheese is one of the few sides that people don't screw up much. 
 



It was a fun con, I loved meeting everybody. Fangirl is actually thinking of adding that to our yearly cons. So that's going to be fun and I was so excited to learn my county is getting it's own con! Sadly it's same day this year as the Pumpkin Festival, and if it keeps falling on the Pumpkin Festival we may switch to this geeky event. We'll see. 
 
I hope you guys have a good week, geek on, and God Bless.

*Thrifty Geek*

No comments:

Post a Comment