Monday, April 29, 2019

One Night After Filming


 Happy Monday Friends,

This week I decided to close National Poetry Month with one last poem about one night in college.

One Night After Filming

Another long filming day wraps
So they all make their way home
Leaving me here... All alone
Stranded in this cabin in the woods
Guarder of horribly expensive movie equipment
Upstairs the doors locked and lights shut off
I take refuge in the lit basement game room
For a long night of pool playing

I throw a CD on that sweet player
To scare away the lonely feeling
To drive out the silence of the night
For awhile it's just the music
And the clank of balls
All is good
Nothing bad
Time for a new disc
I walk past the sliding doors bathed in darkness
As I cast a glance out
I find a face stares back from without...

I wonder what would have happened if I'd died that night?
What would my class have thought
When my body was discovered the next morning?
Would they know the culprit that stopped my heat
Was just a curious fox

Yeah that happened. I still find it amusing. Hope your tangles with nature are less hair raising and may God bless you!

Ninja <[0000]---------------[0000]> Writer and Vampire >vv< Kitty

No comments:

Post a Comment