Thursday, March 22, 2018

St. Patrick's Day 2018

 Happy frozen Thursday friends,

This past Saturday was St. Patrick's Day. As I promised I was gonna give you the skinny on the holiday so here it is.

Artsy Fartsy Time: Shamrock Card
I didn't get too artsy with my St. Patrick's giftings. I got some St. Patrick's Day Necklaces from Dollar Tree® and decided to make Shamrock cards. I got a pack of Hot Neon Colors construction paper, it's apparently the only paper I could find with green in it. I cut out a shamrock pattern then followed it on the green. I folded it in half, then I used the Irish toasts and blessings I found on Sassy Cat's St. Patrick's Day Page on the inside, I kinda miss the days of these old webpages,  and a special message for whoever I was making it for. I decorated the front of the card using some St. Patrick's Day Stickers from Dollar Tree®.

 Misadventures in Cooking: St. Patrick's Day Supper

Besides watching Disney Channel's Luck of the Irish, we made a Irish inspired meal. While I don't know how Irish this meal actually is in recent years I try to spearhead a St. Patrick's Day meal for my family. First up my Mom did most the work in the Colcannon, which was inspired by Diane's Colcannon recipe,  we never put cabbage in it, and we didn't have bacon, but we we did have bacon grease to cook the onions in.
Onions cooking on the stove is heavenly










Colcannon!
Mom decided we needed some green for out meal so we cooked some beans:


Our meat was a simple  Bristol Brand cooked ham we microwaved:



This makes my third year attempting Brennan's Irish Soda Bread. This year I not only cut back the cooking time, but split the dough into two loaves. this year I can say I was successful, little crusty on the outside, but it wasn't complete over or under cooked.
 

A beautiful meal!

Can't forget Momma's Cake!
I hope those you that celebrate had a good St. Patrick's Day, keep warm, and may God bless you!
Ninja <[0000]---------------[0000]> Writer

No comments:

Post a Comment